Thursday, August 28, 2008

Featured Million DJ March Performer & Speaker: The Untouchable DJ Drastic

Daniel M. Johnson known professionally as The Untouchable DJ Drastic is one of the new generation music industry’s most influential tastemakers. A key initiator of the Million DJ March, Drastic’s influence is essential to not only the cause but the culture as a whole.

Growing up in Brooklyn, NY was no joy ride for Drastic. His family was unstable as he grew up with a biological father who played little role in his life. Following the murder of his father, Drastic found himself near homeless at 19 years of age. He took a year off to restructure his path for the future and hasn’t looked back since. The Untouchable DJ Drastic is a self propelled professional in every aspect of his career. It’s no wonder why he has the backing of not only major record labels but multi-faceted corporations.

At 25 years of age, The Untouchable DJ Drastic has dominated every major nightclub in New York City and surrounding areas, broken countless acts propelling them to peak positions on the Billboard charts, toured with platinum recording artists, impacted every form of radio (College, Commercial, Internet, Mobile, and Satellite), instructed students at Scratch DJ Academy, spoken on numerous industry panels, founded his own brand and collective in The Coalition Network, and the list goes on.

The Untouchable DJ Drastic also discreetly serves on the Board of Directors and as a front man for The BumSquad DJz Worldwide. Drastic can also be found in-studio working on various forthcoming projects in addition to his own.

Despite his extensive resume, Drastic emphasizes that he’s just getting started. “For me, it’s all about legacy. I wish that there were 48 hours in each day so that I had the stamina and time to expedite all of my ideas accordingly. I receive credit for my accomplishments but I tend to think that I’m just getting started. I prefer to move under the radar. I stay away from negativity and never stop for anyone. In my heart, I’m a product of the culture. I’m not fabricated or premeditated. I’ve been through a lot. If I was to ever slow down it would be purely by choice. While other individuals are talking, drinking, smoking, or focusing on women, I’m in my own space striving towards a higher plateau. We must preserve our culture as DJs, entertainers, enthusiasts, purists, supporters, and so forth. Actions speak louder than words. The time is now.”

Video footage of The Untouchable DJ Drastic discussing the Million DJ March can be found on YouTube.com. He recently addressed the event while in the United Kingdom on FM107.9 during a live mix show with host Mark Devlin of The Coalition Network.

Download FM107.9 (United Kingdom) Mix Show Here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTGQffUXFQ

For more information regarding The Untouchable DJ Drastic go to www.TheUntouchableDJDrastic.com

No comments: